Stenigot Radar Station
It was part of the Chain Home radar network, intended to provide long range early warning for raids from Luftflotte V and the northern elements of Luftflotte II along the approaches to Sheffield and Nottingham and the central midlands.
After World War II, the site was retained as part of the Chain Home network. In 1959 it was upgraded to a communications relay site as part of the ACE High programme, which involved adding four tropospheric scatter dishes.
The site was decommissioned in the late 1980s with the dishes cut down from their mounts in 1996.