Fort Tourgis is an extensive fortification in Alderney to the north west of St Anne. first constructed by the British government in 1855 in order to provide defense for the Alderney Breakwater, a major construction project at the time. It was adapted by German occupying forces during World War II.
In 2005, it was announced that the fort was to be converted into flats, with individual price tags of £150,000, this however fell through after negotiations over the provision of utilities between the developer and States of Alderney stalled.
It still remains empty with no signs of re-development imminent.